What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 85 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
DURATION: 09/01/2014 - 12/31/2019
FUNDER: U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
PARTNER: Amigos de las Americas, Georgetown University, State University of New York-Plattsburgh
Program application deadlines vary by country.
The Youth Ambassadors Program is seeking qualified applicants for the following programs for our 2020 cycle. Please click the “See Open Programs and Apply” button in the right corner to access the application platform.
Inbound (To the United States):
Please Note: You must be a citizen and resident of the program country you apply to.
- Belize ENGLISH – October 1–November 8, 2019
- Belize SPANISH– October 1–November 17, 2019 *Deadline extended
- Costa Rica – October 1–November 10, 2019 *Deadline extended
- Dominican Republic – October 1 –November 8, 2019
- Paraguay – October 15–November 15, 2019 *Deadline extended
- Uruguay – October 15–November 12, 2019 *Deadline extended
- El Salvador – October 1–November 10, 2019 *Deadline extended
- Honduras – October 1–November 10, 2019 *Deadline extended
- Panama – October 1–November 10, 2019 *Deadline extended
- Nicaragua – October 15–November 10, 2019 *Deadline extended
- Guatemala – October 1–November 12, 2019
- Haiti – October 16–December 10, 2019 *Deadline extended
Outbound (From the United States to the Caribbean and South America):
- United States – October 2–November 22, 2019 *Deadline Extended for Adult Educator Applicants
Check back for future Youth Ambassadors Program announcements and follow us on Facebook for the latest program news and updates.