What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 90 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
Publication Date: March 16, 2020
Publication Location: WASHINGTON, DC
Contact: Kate Casa | [email protected]
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
World Learning, Inc., and its family of programs – including School for International Training (SIT) and The Experiment in International Living (The Experiment) – are committed to prompt communications with all stakeholders impacted by the spread of COVID-19. Our teams and programs have been in close and frequent contact with students, parents, advisors, partner institutions, and others to inform them of changes necessitated by this situation. We will continue to use and operationalize all resources at our disposal in our efforts to keep our constituents safe.
The safety and security of World Learning / SIT students, faculty, and staff are of paramount importance in this situation, and any action we take is with that concern foremost in our minds. World Learning is committed to meeting all situations head-on and taking all appropriate action to mitigate risk. Our priorities are to:
- Ensure the safety, security and well-being of students, program participants, faculty and staff;
- Uphold the values and mission of World Learning;
- Maintain normal operations of the organization globally to the extent that it is safely possible to do so.
For questions regarding SIT Study Abroad and SIT Graduate Institute, please call 802.258.3212 or write to [email protected].
For questions regarding The Experiment, please call 800.345.2929 or write to [email protected]
World Learning/SIT Statements related to COVID-19
- World Learning Statement Feb. 27, 2020
- Joint Statement from Forum on Education Abroad and Pulse, March 2, 2020
- Dr. Sophia Howlett letter to study abroad students, March 3, 2020
- Dr. Sophia Howlett letter to partner institutions, March 3, 2020
- Dr. Sophia Howlett letter to study abroad students, March 11, 2020
- Press release: World Learning, SIT announce safety measures in response to COVID-19, March 13, 2020
- SIT Risk Assessment Policy
- A letter from World Learning Inc. CEO Carol Jenkins, March 19, 2020
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Overseas Advisory Council (OSAC)
- U.S. Department of State’s COVID-19 Travel Alert
SIT/World Learning Response FAQs