Are you a U.S. Citizen interested in a YA exchange internationally?
Apply to the the U.S. Youth Ambassadors Program for an opportunity to travel to one of the following program offerings between the months of June and August, 2020.
- Argentina & Chile – Spanish Immersion Program
- Belize – English Language Program
- Brazil – English Language Program
- Costa Rica – Spanish Immersion Program
- Ecuador – Spanish Immersion Program
- Uruguay – Spanish Immersion Program
The youth participants will:
- Be high school students between 15 and 18 years old (at the start of the exchange);
- Have at least one semester of school remaining after program participation;
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Demonstrate leadership aptitude and an interest in community service and in the program theme;
- Exhibit flexibility, maturity, integrity, good social skills, and open-mindedness;
- Have the motivation necessary to be active and successful exchange participants; and
- Have sufficient proficiency in the language of the exchange (English or Spanish) to participate fully in all exchange activities.
The adult mentor participants will:
- Be teachers or community leaders who work with youth;
- Be U.S. citizens;
- Demonstrate an interest in assisting youth to become productive and responsible members of society;
- Exhibit maturity and open-mindedness;
- Be supportive of the teenage participants;
- Have sufficient proficiency in the language of the exchange (English or Spanish) to participate fully in all exchange activities; and
- Plan to continue working in teaching positions or other positions of influence on young leaders.
(Program application deadlines vary by country)