What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 90 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
DURATION: 07/01/1997 - 12/31/2025
FUNDER: Private and Public Sector Partners
PARTNER: School for International Training
CONTACT: [email protected]
Join thousands of SIT TESOL Certificate recipients who teach, travel, and transform lives worldwide.
The SIT TESOL Certificate is a world-renowned English teaching certificate that gives you the specialized training and skills you need for a successful career teaching English as a second language (ESL) and as a foreign language (EFL) in secondary schools, colleges, and to adults.
Delivered through a virtual* or in-person format, through this 180-hour course, you will develop the teaching, lesson planning, and classroom management skills essential to teaching English in the United States and abroad.
The SIT TESOL Certificate brings the recognition and prestige associated with the distinguished School for International Training (SIT), a leader in TESOL and English education for more than 50 years. Fully accredited, this certificate is accepted at Level 5 of the European Qualifications Framework and enables graduates to earn up to 5 credit hours toward a master’s degree at SIT.
The SIT TESOL Certificate can open doors to professional opportunities around the world. Alumni of the program have gone on to teach English at schools and universities around the world and serve as English Language Specialists for the U.S. Department of State.
The SIT TESOL Certificate is accredited by SIT Graduate Institute and is available online or in-person through licensed training centers around the world, with training and certification provided by World Learning, a global nonprofit organization with a mission to build a better future for all people through education, development, and exchange programs.
By the end of the courses, participants will be able to:
- Effectively teach learning-centered, engaging lessons, which continually build on students’ growing knowledge and skills.
- Plan effective lessons to build students’ reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills, using frameworks and key TESOL terminology.
- Analyze language in terms of its meaning, form and use, and the challenges students may have with it.
- Plan and effectively teach lessons that encourage students to develop a greater understanding of the impact of culture and an awareness of cultural aspects of language, texts, and activities.
- Reflect on how planning and teaching decisions affect students’ individual and group learning using key TESOL planning terminology.
Please visit the SIT Graduate Institute website for more information.