What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 90 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
The Reading for Success – National Program for Reading activity implemented by Creative Associates International and funded by USAID supports the Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research in improving reading and writing outcomes at the primary school level. The activity is carried out in partnership with the Ministry to build their capacity in developing effective Arabic language curriculum and instructional materials and delivering professional development programs to education personnel in the relevant areas.
Creative Associates has partnered with World Learning to provide technical support for developing a series of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) for training primary school teachers of Arabic literacy. The MOOCs aim to provide both in-service training for practicing teachers and pre-service training of student teachers enrolled in the teacher training institutes.
- Design MOOC activity enhancements: video variety, task variety, refined scenarios, and accompanying tasks.
- Develop a comprehensive MOOC structure, connecting the MOOCs into an overall comprehensive product.
- Improve MOOC navigation in response to usability tests and in line with cultural navigation cues.
- Improve readability and accessibility of instructional texts and follow-on activities.
- Design and implement discussion forums, including developing questions for the forums and rubrics to guide participants.
- Contribute to design of tools for data collection, supporting analysis of data collected, and facilitating use-of-data sessions to inform decision-making related to MOOC strategy, design, and delivery.