What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 90 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
With support from IOM, World Learning and partners will contribute to the economic integration and empowerment of host communities and those of migrants living in Algeria while promoting the value of living together and social dialogue. World Learning will work with 4 local partners in Algeria: Adrar, Algiers, El Oued and Oran.
- Improve youth and immigrant access to STEM programming and cultural activities.
- Improve youth and immigrant access to services and means of subsistence.
- Promote the resilience of host and migrant communities in Algeria.
- Strengthen cohesion between the different communities, and, consequently, facilitate successful integration of migrants living in Algeria.
I. Social Integration
- Increase STEM awareness of 300 young Algerians and migrants (100 per site) via inclusive STEM programming.
- Increase social and economic inclusion of 300 young Algerians and migrants (100 per site) through language and culture activities: fun games, cultural workshops, volunteer activities, sports events as well as art sessions where they will be practicing target language in a communicative practice environment with the objective increasing their social and economic inclusion.
II. Economic Integration
- Increase soft and employability skills of 240 young Algerians and migrants (80 per site) via career readiness workshops and mentorship.
- Increase technical skills of 150 young Algerians and migrants (50 per site) via certified vocational training workshops to boost their employability.
- Increase entrepreneurial skills and aptitudes of 60 young Algerians and migrants (20 per site) by offering entrepreneurship workshops and mentorship to help participants develop effective business solutions to local economic issues.
- Increase social and economic inclusion of 300 young Algerians and migrants (100 per site) through language and culture activities. World Learning will offer regular workshops for youth to connect via interactive activities aimed at improving their language skills in an immersive setting.