What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 90 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
In collaboration with the U.S. Embassy in Algiers, World Learning Algeria initiated the English as a Second Language (ESL) Network to support English language professionals across different sectors and levels, including private and public institutions, primary, middle, and secondary schools, and universities.
The Network has engaged hundreds of English teachers across Algeria through regional workshops and webinars. It also offers a virtual space for English teachers to connect with colleagues, access essential materials to improve their skills and stay informed about the latest methods, approaches, and technologies in English teaching.
- Bring together a targeted executive committee of stakeholders to provide guidance and oversight for the network’s mission and vision.
- Establish the network’s mission statement, guiding principles, and selection of inaugural year as well as ongoing years’ activities to guide the launch, ongoing management, and future sustainability.
- Establish four main sub-committees of the network (Communication, Training Team, Resource
- Center & Sustainability Squad), each with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Create an online platform to engage professionals through opportunities and resources.
- Connect Algerian ESL professionals to quality professional development opportunities at the local and international level.
Results to Date:
- 13 webinars covering various themes, such as ICT and ESP
- 4 regional workshops
- 17 ESL volunteer members working on 4 subcommittees (Training, Resources, Communication, and Sustainability)
- One online platform esldz.org and three social media platforms on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- An international conference organized for over 500 participants, that took place in Oran – April 28-30, 2023