What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 90 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
- New leaders receive $110 per program day, plus full room and board. Return leaders receive $115 per program day, plus full room and board. Note: Leaders are on World Learning payroll, and income is taxable; no staff can be independent contractors.
- Leaders work a summer contract which ranges from 3 to 9 weeks depending on program assignments. Staff receive approximately 24 hours off every 7 days, plus occasional mornings and afternoons free. See the Frequently Asked Questions section for more information on staff time off.
- Leaders receive immersive Staff Training in late June. Room and board during this intensive professional development training is provided, but it is not paid time.
- Program itineraries are planned in advance, allowing leaders to focus their energy and skills on fostering student growth, leading workshops, managing group dynamics, and facilitating experiential learning and reflection.
- Workers compensation is provided; there is no medical insurance available with these positions.
- Leaders gain new colleagues and friends as they become part of World Learning’s network of educators, development professionals, and alumni that spans 85+ years and 60+ countries.
- After leaders have worked one program summer, they are eligible to be hired for the youth programs which occur during the rest of the year.