What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 90 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
The Jakarta English Language Teacher Training Program (J-ELTT) is a blended online and in-person teacher training program supporting madrassa and pesantren teachers in Indonesia to develop as professionals, teach English in English, and implement impact research projects.
Through J-ELTT, World Learning aims to increase the capacity and effectiveness of madrassa and pesantren English language teachers and teacher trainers in Indonesia, support inclusive education of students and professional development of teachers, and promote interactive, learner-centered education practices. Participants of the program complete two self-paced online courses developed by National Geographic Learning: English for Teaching and Professional Knowledge for English Language Teachers. Peer Learning Hubs are used to bring participants together with their peers and a coach to support their self-study, motivate them to continue, and answer their questions about the curriculum. Meanwhile, another cohort of senior faculty will develop their skills in designing, implementing, and analyzing research projects on the impact of J-ELTT. Through this project, World Learning will support the professional development of 14 researchers, 56 teacher trainers, and 280 teachers.
Master Trainer Application
- Enhance the capacity and confidence of madrassa and pesantren teachers to teach English language lessons in English.
- Promote learner-centered, experiential teaching practices.
- Provide madrassa and pesantren youth with increased access to higher education and job opportunities, to help further their societal integration.
- Build the framework for a scalable, sustainable Training of Trainers program.
- Build capacity for local education faculty to develop, implement, and analyze research projects on the impact of educational programs.