Our youth programs build bridges across cultures and prepare the next generation of global leaders to tackle the world's challenges.
The Experiment in International Living offers high school students immersive, life-transforming experiences in more than 20 countries around the world through three to five-week summer abroad programs. Experimenters connect deeply and engage meaningfully with the richness and complexities of another country through homestays, outdoor excursions, and meetings with local leaders and civil society groups. Program themes include cultural discovery, sustainability and the environment, language study, community service, and more.
Many Experimenters find that the friendships they form while abroad last a lifetime.
World Learning also brings hundreds of young people from over 35 countries to the United States each year on short and long-term exchanges that focus on youth leadership, peacebuilding, environmental stewardship, and more. Programs include:
- Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program (IYLEP)
- Jóvenes en Acción
- Youth Ambassadors Program with South America
- Vermont Governor's Institute on Youth Activism
- Youth Leadership Program (YLP) On Demand
- Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program
- Youth Leadership Program with Japan and South Korea
- EducationUSA Academy
- Digital Young Leaders Exchange Program (DYLEP)
- Communities Connecting HeritageSM (CCH)
I feel so proud that my actions are the guide for other young people.
a Jóvenes en Acción participant