What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 85 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
Global partnerships are vital to resolving the world’s biggest challenges, such as global security, economic stability, and social inequity.
Dialogue between professionals has long been one of the most effective tools to drive advancement towards addressing these challenges. Counterpart exchanges enable professionals to build their networks and knowledge to succeed on an international level. Through exposure to other cultures, leaders can form the partnerships necessary to understand and tackle complex global challenges.
World Learning has invested in customized professional exchanges because we envision an interconnected world in which skilled professionals and citizens everywhere are capable of driving innovative, constructive changes in their communities. They are both leaders and collaborators, possessing the values necessary to work together effectively. Our programs transform this vision into reality.
- Gain new professional insights and a unique perspective.
- Experience the challenges and solutions shared with your overseas counterparts.
- Access facilities and professionals at the highest level.
- Explore future collaborations with new partners.
- Enjoy continued connections with your colleagues.
ITINERARY AND PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
World Learning works with each professional association to develop an agenda and topics of discussion that address areas of interest for their members. The delegation leader, selected by the association, has provided the focus areas and discussion topics for the delegation, ensuring that the program is a valuable experience relevant to your professional development. The final schedule of activities will be developed based on the composition of the accepted delegates, reflecting the delegates’ professional backgrounds and professional interests.
Click on the logo for your professional association to review the Preliminary Schedule of Activities and program costs.
Guests are welcome to join the delegation and will have opportunities to enjoy cultural enrichment and community service activities in lieu of the professional program (minimum of 6 guests required for a formal program). This is a wonderful opportunity for your partner, spouse, or friend to share the experience of traveling with you to unusual destinations.
APPLICATION AND FEES
For specific fees for each program, click on the logo for your professional association.
Prospective participants must apply and be approved by the delegation leader before proceeding with registration. A $500 nonrefundable deposit is due upon approval of your application. The balance is due upon receipt of invoice, 90 days before departure.
Program fees are based on double rooms. A single-room supplement is provided as an option.
If you have to cancel, you must submit your request in writing, dated upon receipt.
|IF YOU CANCEL…||YOUR PENALTY IS|
|After payment of the deposit||$500.00|
|90-61 days prior to departure||50% of Program Cost|
|60-31 days prior to departure||75% of Program Cost|
|30 days prior to departure||100% of Program Cost|
|Cancellation of program by World Learning||Full Refund to You|
PARTICIPANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
What is Included
- Comprehensive educational program by delegate leader and professional on-site guides;
- All accommodations and meals as outlined in the itinerary;
- All ground transportation within the itinerary unless otherwise indicated;
- All sightseeing as specified in the itinerary;
- Entrance fees; gratuities to porters, drivers, and guides;
- Transfers to and from airports in the host country;
- International travel insurance with Cigna Global/Lloyd’s and International SOS;
- Baggage handling for one checked piece and one carry-on piece per person;
- Comprehensive pre-departure information about the destination and what to expect on the trip, including a suggested reading list.
What is Not Included
- U.S. domestic and international airfare;
- Airport transfers and baggage handling before or after the program;
- Passport, visa, airport departure and excess baggage fees;
- Trip cancellation insurance;
- Meals and beverages not specified in the itinerary;
- Personal items such as telephone and internet charges, laundry, room service, or other beverages not specified as included;
- Gratuities for non-group services;
- Expenses resulting from delays due to bad weather, road conditions, sickness, government action, and flight delays.
For full details, download the Conditions of Participation agreement. Participants will need to sign the agreement as part of their registration process.
WHY CHOOSE WORLD LEARNING?
Founded in 1932 on the belief that international exchange programs can provide transformational experiences that cultivate lasting intercultural understanding, tolerance, and respect, World Learning has remained true to this vision. Even as our scope has evolved from student exchanges to include an annual portfolio of $130 million with international education, development, and exchange programs in more than 60 countries, World Learning has remained committed to equipping future leaders to collectively address critical global challenges. For over 85 years, World Learning has designed international exchange programs for emerging leaders, currently hosting more than 3,500 participants each year on inbound and outbound exchanges.
We have the experience and resources critical to creating successful people-to-people exchanges. Our strong network of partners helps us connect with hard-to-reach areas and traditionally excluded constituencies. Innovative programs such as flexible semesters and virtual platforms allow us reach even more potential participants. We continually assess our programs to ensure their excellence.
Through our exchange programs, World Learning cultivates global partnerships that bolster fair and sustainable social and economic development. Together, we will tackle the world’s challenges.
For a more detailed look at what sets us apart, check out our Theory of Change for People-to-People Exchange programming.