What We Do
- WHERE WE WORK
Welcome Message from Carol Jenkins
For more than 85 years, World Learning has equipped individuals and institutions to address the world’s most pressing problems. We believe that, working together with our partners, we can change this world for the better.
On my travels, I’ve had the opportunity to meet with many of those who have joined us in this mission. In Baghdad, we’ve trained more than 2,300 Iraqi youth who are already giving back at home. In London, our partners in the TAAP Initiative strongly believe that we are all responsible to practice inclusion. And in Vermont, our Experiment in International Living and School for International Training participants prove every day that they have the tools and the determination to change the world.
Please join us in our pursuit of a more peaceful and just world.
- Get Involved
Global events affecting U.S. foreign policy often unfold at a rapid pace, presenting significant challenges to U.S. public diplomacy efforts, but also unique opportunities for creativity.
To address these challenges and capitalize on timely opportunities, the Professional Fellows On-Demand Program supports the U.S. Department of State’s ability to quickly respond to a range of emerging foreign policy priority areas through innovative, thematic two-way exchange programs that are customized and goal-driven. Through these projects, the Professional Fellows On-Demand program strengthens the capacity of individuals and organizations to enact positive change on a local, regional, and global level through professional exchanges that provide opportunities to build skills and cultivate lasting relationships.
The Professional Fellows On Demand program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by World Learning.
Countries: Algeria, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Explore diverse perspectives, strategies, and solutions to address existing challenges in their home communities through customized exchange programs;
- Enhance professional and leadership skills, as well as cross-cultural understanding; and
- Collaborate and build lasting relationships with their professional counterparts in the U.S. and abroad.
EXAMPLES OF PAST ON-DEMAND PROJECTS:
- Vietnam Legal Aid
- Refugee Integration and Resettlement in Central and Eastern Europe
- Digital Communications Network for Eastern Europe
- Sports Leadership Program for Colombia
- Mongolia Disability Rights Legislation and Implementation
- Promoting Open Educational Resources: Middle East and North Africa
- Tourism and Development in Serbia and Kosovo