SIT (founded as the School for International Training) is the accredited higher education institution of World Learning. SIT Graduate Institute offers internationally focused on-campus and low-residency master’s degrees and certificate and professional development programs in Vermont and Washington, DC. Master of Arts degrees are offered in the areas of TESOL, international education, sustainable development, peacebuilding and conflict transformation, and intercultural management.
SIT's learning community is shaped by highly skilled practitioners committed to promoting sustainability, equity, inclusion, and social change. SIT students come from all over the globe. Many return to their home countries, where they use their education to create change.
An SIT education emphasizes experiential, hands-on learning. SIT students can study abroad as part of their master's degree program through short-term intensive field courses.
The SIT Graduate experience:
- Experiential, hands-on learning in strong, multicultural cohorts
- A focus on social justice and engaged global citizenship
- A carefully structured curriculum of theory, practice, and reflection
- Personalized learning plans aligned with career objectives
- Practitioner faculty and an 8:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- A mentored, supervised practicum or teaching internship with organizations worldwide
- Comprehensive career and practicum services to advance students’ careers