Duration: July 2012 to June 2017
Funder: Other (Tuition Based)
World Learning SIT Graduate Institute partners with institutions worldwide to deliver a suite of professional development courses for English language teachers at various stages of their careers.
The SIT TESOL Certificate is an internationally recognized course offered around the world. It is based on the same principles found in our master’s degree program, such as reflection, group work, and experiential learning, and is equally effective as an introduction to language teaching or as a development tool for experienced educators
The Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching (PCELT) was developed in partnership with AMIDEAST to meet the needs of English language teachers throughout the MENA. This course provides flexible delivery options and adaptable content to address regional English language teaching needs and contexts.
In addition we offer the following courses:
- Best Practices in TESOL: a suite of courses specifically tailored to meet local educational contexts
- Teaching English Language Learners in Content Classes (TELIC): a course that helps content teachers in native English environments develop the skills to deal with students whose first language is not English
- Skills and Principles in Language Teacher Training Certificate (SPLTT): a training of trainers course that applies our experiential approach in the development of teacher educators
- International Diploma in Language Teaching Management (IDLTM): a graduate-level course (offered in association with Cambridge University and Queensland University) aimed at language teachers who are moving into management and administration
- Teacher Training and Professional Development Institute (TTI): an online program of courses intended to help meet teachers’ most immediate needs in areas as diverse as methodology, classroom practice, and assessment
Find out more http://www.sit.edu/language-teaching.htm